Today at work a miracle has happened.
I was having a crazy sugar crave. Well, maybe when you're on the border of having a panik attak it's more of a need, but still. Important thing is that I was desperate, begging only for some sugar while drawning in a sea of invoices and boring office stuff.
And then, the miracle.
A random, desperate day, just turned into the day in which my lovely boss brings cookies.
-Just to be clear and avoid silly misunderstandings about me getting less bitter: it's no dream office. The one with scandinavian design forniture, where flowers don't die, people are happy and your boss brings cookies... No.
Apparently no one was ever concerned with design, or windows for that matter, my plant died in one day straight and people smile only if someone has made a joke about sex.
I work in a nightmare office and my boss has brought cookies. Period.
So, back to the point, these cookies where these cookies, and they will be your new best friend.
And they will because:
they're loaded with sugar and coconut, PLUS, you need only 3 ingredients to make them PLUS they're ready in maximum top 30 minutes. -And, if 20 of those 30 minutes (negotiable) are baking time, that's to me sounds like a very good deal.-
So, for two greedy people you'll need:
- - 3 egg whites
- -110g (half a glass) sugar
- - 125gr dry grated coconut
- divide the the yolk from the egg white (you might use the yolks the morning after to make, e.g., french toasts for breakfast).
- put your egg whites on a very low fire, add all the sugar and stir until all the sugar has melted. Be very careful not to cook the egg white.
- once the sugar has melted, start adding the coconut, constantly mixing. (As for anything, you have measures but, just keep on adding until the consistency feels right: firm but not too hard.)
- with the help of a spoon form little balls with your coconut dought, and bake them until golden at 180°. (Estimated baking time: 15 mins).
Well, also real friends are cool.
So they say.