And here I come, after a week of eating and... well, not much more actually - back in Italy.
Besides from the emotional breakdowns you have to go through from time to time, not to be home very often has also some positive side: your grandmas, for example, gathering to write down a cooking agenda - which is to say a plan structured in order to make sure they will cook everything I want without the risk of overlappings.
That's kinda good.
That makes it even more heart-breaking when I go. - Not because of the food, but becouse of how lovely they are, I meant.-
In any case, when I said IT comes, I meant this:
INGREDIENTS (make one nice loaf):
- 500 gr/4 cups flour
- 15gr yeast
- 2 half-glasses lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 ts salt
- pinch of sugar
- 3 TBS seeds oil (peanuts, sunflower, or also olive oil, actually. Of course each one will give a slightly different flavour. You just try and see which one you like the most.)
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a hole at the center.
- Melt the yeast in one of the two half-glasses of water, add the pinch of sugar, and mix everything with the flour.
- Start kneading and do it for a few minutes, than melt the salt in the second glass and add it as well to the dough. Now add 3 TBS of the oil of your choice to the dough and keep on kneading for about 10 minutes.
- Now, if you see your dough is kinda sticky, add some more flour. In case it seems too hard, add a tiny bit of water. If you think it has a nice consistency, but could be a bit more elastic, you might add a spoon of oil.
- keep on kneading until you obtain a smooth, soft and elastic dough.
- put it in a pot, cover it with a canvas and leave it rest in a place protected from drafts for 3 hours (or until when it doubles in volume.)
- this time passed, take it off the pot, knead for a couple of minutes and give it the shape you like: you can divide it into smaller rolls, or leave it as it is.
- Cover your oven plate with baking sheet while pre-heating the oven to 250°C/482°F a bake it for about 20/25 minutes.
Or until when it looks like this.