Monday 16 September 2013

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS


Just so you know, I thought I had leftovers of blueberries, so this idea of making muffins with them popped up and acted on me before I could actually analyse it properly.
Just so you know, I kinda regretted it the very moment I cracked the eggs, and started eating blueberries on their own.
I regretted it in the first place because, if you eat half of your blueberries before folding them into your blueberry muffin batter, than it seems a bit less appropriate to bake -or at least to call them- blueberry muffin. And, in the second place, because oh-gosh-i-so-wanted-to-eat-them-all. When you get plump, sweet blueberries, you should really think twice about using them as an ingredient and not as a main.
While you think what's best to do, I suggest you start eating them already.
Don't get me wrong though, these muffins were really, really good.
Really good.

INGREDIENTS:



- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 TBS / 3/4 stick / 90gr butter
- 1 + 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg + 2 yolks
- 1 cup milk
- a lot of blueberries

DIRECTIONS
1- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.

2- In a second bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and then, alternating, the flour mixture and the milk. - For some reason it seems you should- make sure you always begin and end with flour.

3- Fill you muffin tins and bake at 180° for about 30 minutes.

As easy as that.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...